I recently heard from the Better Business Bureau after filing a complaint involving the McAdoo Borough Sewer Authority and their collection agency Modern Recovery Solutions. Unfortunately the BBB can’t help me because “The BBB does not handle complaints about the following: Allegations of discrimination or violation of similar statutory/constitutional rights. ”
The interesting thing about this email notification is that I never complained of discrimination; just gave them a small sample of the facts. This was their conclusion after reviewing my complaint.
Hopefully my complaint to the PA State Police and the Schuylkill County District Attorneys’ Office is still open and under investigation. Here is a copy of my email:
Steven Dreyer 345 West Blaine Street McAdoo PA 18237 Dear Steven Dreyer : This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 1/16/2015 10:48:40 AM against McAdoo Borough Sewer Authority. Your complaint was assigned ID 10406381. In reviewing the issue you brought to us, it appears that the BBB cannot directly help you with this issue. The BBB does not handle complaints about the following:
- Employer/employee or landlord/tenant disputes.
- Government agencies, unless the government operates a utility and the complaint involves administrative matters such as billing.
- Individuals who are not engaged in a business (e.g., a person who sells their personal car through a classified advertisement).
- Allegations of discrimination or violation of similar statutory/constitutional rights.
- Allegations of criminal violations by company employees except for complaints alleging theft by company employees while performing services.
- Raising issues concerning the competency of doctors, dentists, licensed therapists, veterinarians, and lawyers. We would handle billing disputes that do not involve underlying competency issues.
- Collection of monies owed for goods or services rendered.
Leslie Maniaci The Better Business Bureau